Prosciutto appetizers are best serve with cheese to make them both filling and satisfying. Prosciutto appetizers are simple to make and only take a couple minutes of preparation.
Prosciutto appetizers with cheese will impress your guests and your taste buds! The red pepper jelly makes this simple appetizer have a bit of a bite to it, but it’s not too overdone. If you wanted to make it even spicier, you could add a leaf of Thai basil to it.
The balsamic reduction that is added to this prosciutto appetizer tones down the spiciness of the red pepper jelly. Balsamic reduction is much sweeter than balsamic vinegar, therefore the flavors of the appetizer are balanced in harmony.
What kind of cheese goes best with prosciutto
Cheeses that go best with prosciutto are:
How to serve prosciutto as an appetizer
Prosciutto can be served in many different ways as an appetizer, including:
- prosciutto wrapped asparagus
- prosciutto with cantaloupe with a toothpick holding it together
- prosciutto with mozzarella with a toothpick holding it together
- prosciutto with mozzarella on top of bread with fresh basil leaves
- crackers served with cream cheese and prosciutto on top
- bread with prosciutto, cheese, basil, and pesto
- in a kebab with cantaloupe, mozzarella, prosciutto, basil, and balsamic reduction
Prosciutto Appetizer with Cheese
- 1/2 baguette sliced
- 20 g prosciutto slices
- 100 g gouda or Havarti sliced
- 2 tbsp red pepper jelly
- 2 tbsp arugula
- 1 tbsp balsamic reduction
- Slice your baguette and arrange the pieces of bread on a serving plate.
- Use a butter knife to spread red pepper jelly onto each slice of baguette.
- Place 1 slice of gouda or Havarti cheese on top of the piece of bread.
- Place 1-2 pieces of arugula on top of the cheese layer.
- Add 1 piece of prosciutto on top of the arugula. Prosciutto is best presented if it is folded over onto itself. It makes the appetizer look a bit more fancy.
- Drizzle a small amount of balsamic reduction on top of the prosciutto appetizer.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge prior to serving. Make sure to cover it with cling wrap if you need to place it in the fridge.