Our easy cheese ball recipe is made with cream cheese and green onions, giving it a ton of flavor. There are a few herbs added to the cream cheese base, making it a savory appetizer to serve.
Create this easy cheese ball in about 20 minutes. Cheese balls are best served the same day they are made. Cheese balls can made the day before serving, and it will stay good for up to 3 days in the refrigerator for any leftovers.
Serve your cheese ball with thin bread or your favorite crackers. You can change up the nuts that cover your cheese ball by using chopped pecans or almonds.
Make sure to serve your cheese ball with a knife for cutting. Your crackers will not be strong enough to cut through the cheese ball on their own.
Serve your cheese ball with plain crackers to enjoy the flavor of the cheese ball.
Easy Cheese Ball Recipe with Cream Cheese and Green Onions
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tbsp green onions sliced thin
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp parsley fresh and chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup walnuts chopped finely
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl. Use a hand mixer and mix on high for a couple of minutes until its glossy.
- Add green onions, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix on medium until fully combined.
- Add cheddar cheese and mix on low-medium until combined.
- Take half of the cream cheese mixture and form it into a ball shape.
- Place walnuts on a place, making sure there is a mono-layer of walnuts.
- Roll the cream cheese ball over the walnuts until it's fully covered.
- Wrap the cheese ball with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for 1 hour. Repeat with the other cheese ball.
- Unwrap your cheese ball and let it soften for about 10 minute before serving.
- Serve your cheese ball with crackers or thin bread for your guests.