In order to make waffles at home, you will require a waffle maker. Waffle makers come in all different shapes and sizes, so make sure you select one that is appropriate for your families needs.
Our waffle recipe is a dense waffle recipe. The waffles will be dense and fluffy with all of the air beaten in by your hand mixer.
Can you make waffle batter ahead of time
You can make waffle batter 1-2 days ahead of time. Store the waffle batter in the fridge prior to use.
What is the best oil to use for waffles
The best oil to use for waffles is olive oil. You can use extra virgin olive oil if you want to, but regular olive oil is the best oil to use for waffles.
How to Make Waffles at Home
- Waffle Maker
- 65 ml egg 1 1/2 eggs approximately
- 175 ml milk
- 5 ml fresh lemon juice
- 60 ml oil
- 190 ml flour
- 5 ml baking powder
- 2 ml baking soda
- 1 ml salt
- Preheat your waffle maker while you are making your batter.
- In a medium bowl with high sides, beat eggs with a hand mixer. Add the rest of your ingredients to your bowl and mix on low speed until the batter becomes a smooth mixture.
- Feel free to spray oil or Pam onto the waffle maker if you desire. This will make cleanup later on much easier. Pour batter onto the waffle maker. Only fill it in the center, and do not overfill. The batter will spread out to the edges as you gently close the waffle maker.
- Cook until the waffle becomes golden brown with crispy edges.
- Life out your waffle with a fork. Put in on a plate and serve immediately.
How do you make waffles crispy?
Make your waffles crispy by cooking your waffle on a bit higher of a temperature than you normally would. Cook it until it crisps on the edges, the waffle should look golden brown.