Step by step guide to making milk chocolate ganache filling for macarons.
You should make this before making your macarons to give the ganache time to cool in the fridge. When you’re ready to use it, microwave it for 10 seconds at a time until you’re happy with the consistency to pipe it into your macarons.
What ratio is milk chocolate ganache for macarons?
1:1.2 ratio of heavy cream to milk chocolate for ganache for macarons.
Milk chocolate ganache is a thinner ganache that pipes easily. There is a risk it will run over the edges of the macaron if you overfill it. Use it sparingly. Pipe directly in the center, and squish the macarons together.
Milk Chocolate Ganache for Macarons
- 100 g heavy cream
- 120 g milk chocolate wafers
- 20 g butter unsalted
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Measure your milk chocolate wafers into a heat proof bowl.
- Pour the boiled cream over the milk chocolate wafers.
- Add butter to the mixture and gently stir with a spatula until all of the chocolate is melted and becomes a smooth mixture.
- Place the mixture into the fridge until it's fully cooled.
- Microwave the ganache in 10 second intervals until you've obtained the consistency you want for piping your macarons.