Step by Step guide to making your own vegan chocolate mousse with coconut milk. Be sure to use full fat coconut milk, not light. You will need a stand mixer to whip the coconut milk as it does take awhile to whip. No eggs needed for this mousse recipe! Egg free and dairy free chocolate mousse that tastes so decadent!! You wont believe its vegan!! It does look grainy and not a smooth color like full dairy and egg chocolate mousse. But, the texture is creamy and delicious!! You will love it!
Vegan Chocolate Mousse Coconut Milk Recipe
- Stand mixer
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- chocolate shavings optional
- Separate coconut cream and coconut water by pouring the water out of the can. You can use this water for a different recipe, we wont need this portion for our vegan chocolate mousse. Whip cream portion of coconut milk until fluffy – a few minutes on high with a stand mixer.
- Add cocoa powder and icing sugar gradually until full combined. It will be a bit grainy.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix together.
- Place vegan chocolate mousse into serving cups. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Using a potato peeler, add chocolate shavings from a chocolate bar. This will create the scroll look for the topping on the mousse. (optional)