As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Best Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe Ever
How to make the best broccoli and cheese soup for your family
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 crown broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 carrots sliced
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cups milk 2%
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Add butter to medium heat frying pan. Saute carrots and broccoli for 3-4 min. Add onions and saute for 1-2 min. Add flour to pan to make a roux.
- Pour chicken broth into pan and cook vegetables until fork tender ~5 min.
- Slowly pour milk into pan and cook until gently simmering.
- Add grated cheese and whisk until fully combined.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Store in fridge for up to 3 days.