As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Best Espresso Ice Cream Recipe
How to make espresso ice cream using an espresso maker and an ice cream maker.
- espresso maker
- Ice Cream Maker
- mesh sieve
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 shots freshly brewed espresso
- In a medium saucepan over low to medium heat add the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar and salt. Whisk to fully dissolve the sugar ~ 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a large glass bowl add the egg yolks. Whisk the yolks together.
- Whisk 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks while whisking the milk mixture until fully combined.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the saucepan. Whisk until it comes to a simmer.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and mix in the vanilla and espresso.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve and place in fridge until chilled (about 6 hours, but leave it overnight in the fridge to make it easy).
- Add mixture to ice cream maker and churn for 20-25 min.
- Freeze mixture for another 3 hours until fully chilled for ice cream and not just soft serve.